I’m always up for a little celebration and adding some sprinkles to the cupcake of life.
You can easily make St. Patrick’s Day into a day full of special surprises and celebration.
If you want to join in the fun, here’s how.
- Find all the green clothing items that your kiddos own and let them plan to go over-the-top green for the day.
- Read about St. Patrick. The story of who he was and what he did is pretty cool.
- Go on a scavenger hunt to find a pot of gold (or other treasure).
- Surprise your kids by coloring the toilet water green or their bath water.
- Make green cookies or muffins to take to friends or neighbors.
- Study about the country of Ireland.
- Walk outside and hunt for a four-leaf clover. You probably won’t find one, but it’ll still be fun!
- Talk about “going green” and ways your family could do more for the environment.
- Plan fun holiday-themed meals or snacks. Buy green paper cups and napkins and use some of the food ideas below.
Fun Foods to Buy:
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Lucky Charms cereal bars
- green yogurt
- green kool-aid or fruit punch
- snap peas
- green grapes
- green apples
- green olives
- avocados (think guacamole)
- green salsa
- green Jello
- mint M&M’s
- mint ice cream
Fun Foods to Make:
- Make sugar cookies or cupcakes tinted green or decorated with green icing.
- Bake zucchini bread or muffins (can also add green food coloring).
- Make green chicken chili or enchiladas with green chili sauce.
- Make spinach smoothies.
- Cook green eggs for breakfast.
- Add green sugar sprinkles or green herbs to everything!
- Get a shamrock cookie cutter. You can use it for much more than just cookies…to cut out toast, sandwiches, slices of cheese and so on.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Make it a fun celebration!