East Texas knows how to get into the holiday spirit! Our communities do Christmas up BIG and we love it. To encourage you to get out and enjoy all that East Texas has to offer this time of year, we challenge you to a Christmas Scavenger Hunt!
Participating is really easy!
Choose 12 spots to visit or activities to complete from the list below. We encourage you to aim for one per day! It’s easy: take a picture, post it to Instagram, and tag @easttexasmomsblog with the hashtag #ETMB12Days. We don’t want to add any stress to the season, so instead of 12 days to complete your scavenger hunt, you’ll have until December 25.
• A Brookshires Cart Full of Holiday Favorites
• Checking Out a Christmas Book at an East Texas Library
• Christmas Light Drive
• Christmas Movie Night
• Christmas Parade
• Decorating a Christmas Tree
• Donate Canned Goods
• Donate Coats
• Donate Toys
• Family Holiday Photo – Guide to East Texas Photographers
• Hang or Decorate a Christmas Stocking
• Have a Holiday Date Night (Sans Kids!)
• Holiday Concert (any one you’d like!)
• Holiday Train Ride – Ride the Texas State Railroad Polar Express train from Palestine. Or make an imaginary “Polar Express” train at home; have tickets, hot chocolate, pass out jingle bells and watch the movie.
• Hot Chocolate (or coffee!) at a Local Coffee Shop – East Texas Guide to Local Coffee Shops
• Make and Hang Snowflakes
• Make ornaments
• Making or Eating Christmas cookies with Family
• Mail a Letter to Santa
• Outdoor Christmas Movie in the park
• Roasting Marshmallows or Making S’mores
• Santa Land
• Take a Picture with Santa
• The Nutcracker
• Volunteer with Family
• Wassail Fest in Nacogdoches or Wassail Walk in Marshall
• Wrap gifts
TWO LUCKY winners will be drawn from all of the images that include #ETMB12Days (Be sure your account is public so we can see your amazing pictures!). Each WINNER will receive a fun goodie box. The box will include some of the same goodies that our Contributors received at our Appreciation Event provided by LOCAL Shops we love!
For details on many of the events above, check out our Guides: The East Texas Experience ~ A Moms Guide to December and The Best Christmas Lights in East Texas.
A special thanks to Alamo City Moms Blog for this idea!